The RBI announced its second monetary policy review for the financial year 2017-18 today. The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) decided to keep the key policy rates unchanged. This was consistent with a neutral stance of the monetary policy. Please click here to download our monetary policy analysis and outlook. I am appending a few key highlights from our note for your reference -
- Key Rates - RBI kept the Repo rate unchanged at 6.25%. However, the central bank cut the statutory liquidity ratio (SLR) to 20% from 20.5% in order to provide banks with greater flexibility to meet higher liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) of 100% (currently 80%), which will come into effect from January 2019.
- Growth Forecast - The projection of real GVA growth for 2017-18 has been revised 10 bps downwards from April 2017 projection to 7.3%, with risks evenly balanced.
- Inflation - Headline inflation is projected in the range of 2.0%-3.5% in the first half of the year and 3.5%-4.5% in the second half. We believe inflation is likely to surprise on the downside, leaving room for an interest rate cut.
- Yield Curve - The tone of RBI's policy was perceived to be dovish, as a result bond prices moved up today. On current valuation, the medium to long term segment of the g-sec yield curve looks attractive.
- Our Outlook - The central bank reinstated that it would "see through" inflation prints for the next couple of months before taking any action. Going ahead any action on the rate front will be a function of a downside surprise to RBI's inflation estimates and data on underlying inflation pressures. Hence, we expect a 25 bps rate cut in the near term.
- Investment Strategy - We remain bullish on the medium duration segment and recommend investors (who can withstand volatility) to consider duration bond / gilt funds for medium term. Meanwhile, improvement in the credit environment coupled with the existing liquidity surplus may continue to augur well for the shorter end of the yield curve. Hence, we continue to remain positive on corporate bonds and accrual strategies.
Jun 7, 2017
Franklin Templeton note on today's RBI Monetary Policy Review
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 0-981-826-9396 | Fill Inquiry Form Click Here
For Quick Navigation
54EC Bonds AA Rated AA+ BONDS AA+ FD AAA RATED Allotment Status Asset Allocation Assured Return Project Bhiwadi Real Estate Bonds BSLI Capital Gain Bonds Capital Protection Funds Commercial Property Company FD News corporate fd Corporates Debenture Debt Funds Delhi Real Estate DHFL Dwarka Expressway Economy Updates Faridabad Real Estate FD Schemes Financial Planning FIXED DEPOSIT RATES Fixed Maturity Plans FMP Fund Manager Speaks Ghaziabad Real Estate GOLD Government Saving Schemes Greater Noida Real Estate Guest Article Gurgaon Real Estate HDFC Health Insurance Health Policy home loans IIB Inflation Indexed Bonds Infrastructure Bonds Investor Guide IPO Updates Jaiprakash Fixed Deposit Latest FD Schemes Life Insurance Plans Liquid Fund Ludhiana Real Estate Mahindra Finance FD Manufacturing Companies FD Market Updates Mediclaim Policy MF ELSS MF Schemes Mutual Funds NABARD Bonds NBFC Fixed Deposits NCD NCD Issue NCD Listing New Launch NFO's Noida Extn Noida Real Estate Non Rated FD NRI Fixed Deposits NRI Investments online mutualfunds PAN Card Procedure PE Fund Plots PMS PNB Housing Post Office Schemes Private Equity Fund Private Placement PSU Bonds Public Issue Rated FD Schemes RBI Bonds Real Estate Fixed Deposits Real Estate Fund Reality Retirement Planning RGESS Secured Bonds Secured NCD Shriram Transport Deposits SIP SIP Recommendation Small Saving Sohna Real Estate STFC Deposits Tax Free Bonds Tax Saving Schemes Tax Saving Tips Union Budget 2013 Unitech Fixed Deposits Updates in FD Rates Yamuna Expressway
Post your Queries with Name, Contact Number & Scheme interested in.
Click Here - Contact Us We will give you a call back.
For Fixed Deposits
The information contained and provided on this Website provides Investment advice for the education of investors. The posts are an information service only. Recommendations, opinions or suggestions are given with the understanding that readers acting on this information assume all risks involved. We do not assume any responsibility or liability resulting from the use of such information, judgment and opinions for Trading or Investment purposes.