SBI Capital Protection Oriented Fund - Series II can thus capture the best of both the worlds i.e. Equity and Debt while endeavouring for capital protection.Asset Allocation
|Debt & debt related instruments & money market instruments||100%||74%||Medium to low|
|Equity and equity related instruments including derivatives||26%||0%||High|
The cumulative gross exposure through equity, debt and derivative positions will not exceed 100% of the net assets of the scheme. The scheme shall not invest in securitized debt.
- A 5 Year Close - Ended Capital Protection Oriented Fund
- NFO closes on - March 04, 2011
- Minimum investment: Rs. 5000 and in multiples of Rs. 1 thereafter.
- Benchmark - CRISIL MIP Blended Index
- The fund will be listed on BSE.
|Why Invest in SCPOF Series II|
- Quality Debt Portfolio - Investment only in G secs and AAA/P1+ or equivalent rated securities.
- Growth Potential - Equity asset class will be actively managed through investments in stocks listed on NSE and BSE having a market capitalisation equal to or higher than the market capitalisation of the least market capitalised stock of the BSE 100 Index.
- Tax Efficiency - Avail indexation benefits & better post tax returns. Long term capital gains will be taxed @ 20% (plus surcharge & cess) with indexation benefit or 10% (plus surcharge and cess) without indexation benefit, whichever is beneficial to the investor.
- Rated mfAAA (SO) by ICRA - The rating indicates highest degree of certainty regarding payment of face value of investment to unit holders on maturity.
- Investors with low to medium risk profile
- High net worth individuals
- PF, trusts etc. looking to invest in equity markets but requires capital protection as well
- First time mutual fund investors who would like to enjoy the debt returns with an additional equity upside
- Investors who prefer to invest a significant part of their saving in relatively safe instruments like bank fixed deposits, PPF and NSC.